Friday, September 18, 2009

Enna solla pogirai



Lyrics&Translation

Illai Illai solla oru ganam podhum
It just takes a moment to say "No"

Illai endra sollai thanguvadhendraal
To actually come to terms with it

Innum Innum enakkor janmam vendum
I need another birth

Enna solla pogirai?
So what are you going to say?

Sandhana thendralai jannalgal dhandiththal Nyayamaa, Nyayamaa?
Isn't it unfair of the windows to punish the breeze that carries the
fragrance of sandalwood?

Kadhalin kelvikku kangalin badhilenna mounamaa, mounamaa?
Is silence the reply of the eyes to my question of love?

Anbae endhan kaadhal solla, nodi ondru podhumae
My love, it would just take a moment to express my love

Adhai Naanum meippikka thaane, oru aayul vendumae
But to actually prove it, I need a lifetime


Idhayam oru kannadi
The heart is a mirror

Unadhu bimbam veezhndhadhadi
Your image fell on it

Idhu dhaan un sondham idhayam sonnadhadi
"She is the one for you!", said my heart!

Kannadi bimbam katta
To tie that image

Kayirondrum illayadi
There is no rope available

kannaadi oonjal bimbam aadudhadi
The image is therefore swaying in the glass swing

Nee Ondru solladi pennae!
Just utter one word my girl!

Illai, Nindru kolladi kannae!
Or just wait and kill me!

Endhan vaazhkkaiye unadhu vizhi vilimbil
My entire life is hanging by the edges of your eyes

Ennai thuraththaadhey, uyir karaiyeradhey
Don't drive me away, my life would remain unfulfilled!



Vidiyal vandha pinnalum
Even after it has dawned

Vidiyadha iravu edhu?
Which is the night that is yet to dawn?

Poovasam veesum un koondhaladi
Your tresses that carry the fragrance of flowers

Ivvulagam irunda pinnum
Even after the world is plunged in darkness

Irulaadha baagam edhu
Which is the part that is still bright?

Kadhir vandhu paayum undhan kangaladi
Your radiant eyes of course!

Pala ulaga azhagigal koodi
Several great beauties could come together

Un paadham kazhuvalam vaadi
And painstakingly wash your feet

En thalir malare, innum thayakkamenna?
My young blossom, why hesitate still?

Ennai puriyaadhaa? Idhu vaazhava saava?
Haven't you yet understood me? Is this life or death?

3 comments:

  1. This is like my favourite tamil song. =)
    tamil is so hard! plurals are killing me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meera,
    I am learning Tamil and have a blog for it too! http://learning-tamil.blogspot.com/

    I am using the Tamil script because I want to be able to read, write and speak. Check mine out and update yours again soon!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jenny Wonderful wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete